Sunday, February 19, 2012

One Less Semester, One More Baby

[This post was originally written on Jan. 19, 2011, but I just saw it sitting as a draft so I published it]


So the last time I wrote anything here I think it was about 107 degrees outside, we were still sleeping on the floor of the apartment we'd just moved into, Audi was mega pregnant, and Audi and I were both still reeling from having quit our jobs to move cross country for school.

Currently it's about about 40 degrees cooler, we do have a bed now, Audi's pregnant belly has turned into our beloved baby Chloe, and we're pretty settled into the routine of school and parenting.

It's hard to really remember what life was like before having a baby.  I had no idea of how much of your attention a newborn can take up.  If I thought having a wife took up a lot of my time, I had no clue how easy I had it.  That said, I am loving it.  It makes coming home mean so much more.  Even as I write this now, Chloe is seated on my chest, enjoying sleep that she just can't seem to find in her bed at night.

As far as school goes, it's been pretty good.  With only a few exceptions, I really like my fellow students.  Even those exceptions, however, are still smart and interesting people, just hard to work with from time to time.

As I'm prodded more and more by career center staff to pick a focus area I'm finding myself drifting towards the product development/product management side of marketing.  I like the idea of guiding the life of a product from its birth to its maturity.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow it has been a really long time since you posted anything. I guess same with us. I am so glad that you guys live here for now. I hate that in a few short months you will be off on your next adventure. I like your posts. Keep them coming.